Monday, March 16, 2009

The 9-12 Project

Talk radio host and Fox News Host Glenn Beck has started a movement to rekindle the American values system that seemingly has vanished from the scene. It started with 9 core principles:
1. America is good.
2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

And 12 values:
1. Honesty
2. Reverence
3. Hope
4. Thrift
5. Humility
6. Charity
7. Sincerity
8. Moderation
9. Hard Work
10. Courage
11. Personal Responsibility
12. Gratitude

His project is to help bring America back to the place it was on 9-12 and the question is simple:
Do you live in a 9-10 world? Head in the sand, unwilling to admit the problems in front of us...
Do you live in a 9-11 world? A World based on fear and surprise...
Do you live in a 9-12 world? A world where there is no hyperpartisanism. One where neighbor helped neighbor. We were united.

The goal is that we surround them. We have the future of the country in OUR hands, not the hands of few who are in power.

Check it out at http://the912project.com

No comments:

Post a Comment